Search The Moore Family

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Preschool

So, Keaton has still been having problems at school. Yesterday he was apparently in trouble quite a bit and spent much of the day in time-out. He had no good reason, no specific complaint, he was just plain old acting out all day. He's also continued saying he doesn't want to go to school. That's a HUGE change from six weeks ago.


The teacher's aide who told me that Keaton was causing trouble is not a very nice lady. Just not friendly. It turns out that she's the new teacher's aide in Keaton's class full-time now. His favorite aide, Miss Jessica, went on to teach the 5s class (a go-between for preschool to kindergarten.)


I took him to class today so that I could talk to his teacher, see if she knew what was wrong. Instead of his teacher it was Miss Jessica teaching his class today. So I asked her what was going on. She told me that Keaton isn't the only kid having troubles but they aren't sure if it is because of the change of aides or because the kids are bored (the other two having trouble are also repeating preschool this year.) She told me that Keaton is more than welcome to go on to the 5s class full-time. She only has eight students so he would get lots of one-on-one, plus he loves Miss Jessica.


Today, rather than having quiet time, Keaton went to hang out in the 5s class. I heard he did really well.


I asked Keats what he thought of the fives class, he said it was fun, but then he told me he didn't want to go back there all the time. Hmmmm....what to do? I think I'll ask that he be taken to the fives class now and then to give him some variation. I think once he turns five he will definitely want to move up. I'm happy to know that there are options if he is having a miserable time at school.


And now I must go because Sullivan is tearing apart my house. Literally. Crying, throwing raisins, generally carrying on and crying his lungs out. Hopefully Daddy will come downstairs soon so Mama can get a break!

No comments: