Search The Moore Family

Monday, September 22, 2008

Kitties!!!


Meet the newest members of our family!
They are maybe six months old, not sure if they are siblings. Both are boys.
(I know, I know....wasn't I going to insist on a girl-kitty??)
Not real sure about names yet since they just moved in on Saturday evening...


This orange guy may be named
"Moose" but we'll have to wait and see if it fits him. He has a perfect "M" on his forhead so it would work in that respect. ;o) He's the most cuddly, mellow (but still has that incredible kitten-hyperness) kitten ever. He LOVES to give kisses. Yes, right on your face. He has an excellent, loud purr. He can jump higher than the lightswitch! Aerodynamic kitten.





This guy may be named

"Jack" as in Jack Black, the actor. But that may be too cheesy for me. ;o) He's super shiny and completely black except for about ten white hairs on his back and four on his chest. In this pic I can almost see some tabby stripes. He is the nighttime lover of the two. He wants to sleep on my head or at least very near my head and he stops by to purr and rub on my face now and then. He is maybe the more playful of the kittens. He can frequently be seen stalking his brother, doing that little wiggle-butt thing they do, and then runs and does a drive-by on him. This one has a cold right now so I'm giving him antibiotics...I suspect he may be even more playful as he begins to feel better.


The boys are all in love...it is so different than it was with Charlie. There's no stress. It's kind of cute to get woken up by a little snuggly kitten in the middle of the night. Keaton is home sick today and wanted to go outside to play; I told him to dress warmly and go ahead outside. Just then one of the kittens ran past him and Keats said, "Nevermind. I want to play with the kittens." Awww. Sully is just squealy and as happy as can be each time he glimpses one of the kittens.

Let the wild rumpus begin!



3 comments:

tamimiami said...

How cute!

I had to sign up to say- two more boys?!? I'm not surprised about the cats, but I was sure you'd get a girl:)

Catherine Ferguson said...

I like the new additions to your family. So that makes 6 boys assuming Max is still around. See you soon!

Patti said...

I made it a goal to get girl kitties but, when it comes right down to it, I actually prefer boy kitties. =^..^= It just worked out that these two are boys; we would have taken them no matter their gender.

Maybe I can get a girl fish?