Search The Moore Family

Monday, September 8, 2008

Now You See It....

Keaton woke me up this morning by nearly screaming "Mama! Mama! Come look!" I expected to find some sort of natural (read: Sully) disaster such as the dresser turned over or the drawers pulled out (which is, unfortunately, not uncommon around here).


Instead, Keaton shows me his loose tooth. Boy, is it loose! Just barely hanging on today. I took him to school myself so I could be sure to let his teacher know to keep an eye on it.


Keaton informed me that he wanted money and a whistle from the Tooth Fairy. ?? A whistle? Probably purely as a torture device...for his parents' ears. Lol. I asked what kind of whistle (because I was already trying to figure out which store I was going to have to visit today...) and he said "Black. With silver on the bottom."


Geez, at least he's not going to make my life difficult by being too specific, huh? ;o)


I let him know that the Tooth Fairy would do his best but he may not find exactly what Keaton is asking for; I explained that, since the tooth is lost and gifts given within one little day, the T.F. doesn't have much time for shopping around.


And may I ask why the T.F. has been assigned male gender in my house? Is it that way all over? Wouldn't the word fairy lend itself to a feminine creature? Maybe it's only in my house and maybe just because I am greatly outnumbered in the gender category.


That's it. I'm getting a female cat when we get back from Utah!


No comments: