Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The snow and ice is finally starting to melt around here. The temp is 39 degrees and you wouldn't believe how fast the cold stuff is falling off the trees. It looks like it is snowing again...only in BIG chunks of snow. The evergreens are finally starting to look green again. What a lovely sight after this historic winter storm.

It will be interesting to see the final damage from the tree limbs. As the snow melts, it looks worse & worse. Our little eight-year-old neighbor boy is very concerned about all the branches in our yard and desperately wants to come over and help us clean up. His mom made me promise to let them know when we're going to do the big clean up; I guess her son is driving her batty with clean up requests. ;o)

This pic (hopefully) shows the final damage. If you look just to the right of the center you will see that the third large branch that fell on the play structure & fence actually split the fence in two. Yesterday the fence was just buckled with a few broken planks but this morning we found the fence completely split.Ice dripping from the bbq.
The tree fared pretty well, all things considered. Sully kept putting a stool in front of the tree so he could reach higher & higher; he'd leave the stool there and the kittens would use it to knock off the higher ornaments or jump right into the middle of the tree. I cannot believe the tree didn't fall over!
I put Sullivan at the table for lunch today. I made his favorite mac n' cheese. I left him there while I folded some laundry and when I came back into the room I found him at the couch, reading an alphabet book. His alphabet obsession continues. Look at his fingers & face...covered with lunch.
This is the look he gave me when I said we need to wash his hands and face before he touches anything else. One of Sully's least favorite experiences is being washed up. I literally have to chase him around the house and pin him down. He's been that way since he was an infant. Of course, he was easier to catch before he could run away! Lol.

No comments: