Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

School and Counting

Keats absolutely loves his new school. As we left the building on his first day, he was jumping around and happier & more carefree than I've seen him in a long, long time. He said, "I want to go to school every day!" He wasn't really shy, either, and I only hung out for a few minutes after class started. He didn't even look at me as I said goodbye; he just waved. :o)

Last night, Keaton had his second karate class. He liked it but was soooo shy at first. He didn't want to walk in the door. I told him he didn't have to go, that I wasn't going to force him, but he said "I DO want to go! It's my karate class!" So, he finally went inside, with much encouragement. He has a lot of fun during the class. I can hear him yelling "Yes Sir!" or "Yes Ma'am" above the other kids. One great thing he is learning is how to protect himself. With words, not fighting. In class he learns to yell "THIS ISN'T MY DADDY!!" or "THIS ISN'T MY MOMMY!" and even "DON'T TOUCH ME!!" if a stranger tries to grab him. Anyhoo, he seems to like the class. Today, we were cleaning out the toys. Purging them big time. I asked him to put something away and he replied "Yes Sir". Close enough, huh?

Sullivan did the funniest/cutest thing the other night. I hope I haven't blogged about it already! We were all in bed, the house was dark and quiet. It may have been about 9:30 or so. All of the sudden I hear, in a little croaky voice, "Two, sith, se'en, ay, nigh...YAY!" The "yay" was followed by a round of applause. His obsession with counting apparently doesn't go away, even in his sleep.

No comments: