Search The Moore Family

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Growing...Things...

Keaton had a very active morning. He ran around in his underwear, hiding under a blanket pretending to be a ghost and sneaking up on everyone; once, he even smacked his head into a wall due to not looking where he was going. Later on he switched to playing with a magnetic train set...while sitting on the top of his dresser. He was pretending to take seeds to different places and plant different plants. I overheard him say "I'm planting cocoa trees" so I asked what exactly is a cocoa tree? He told me that cocoa trees grew cups filled with hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. :o) He played some more while I was only halfway listening. Suddenly my ears caught on to something in his conversation so I began listening more intently. Keaton said, to his train set, "Now I'm going to grow some balls." I nearly died. Seriously, it took years off my life to laugh so hard.

Sully had an interesting day today as well. He refused to change out of his pajamas, which drives me completely nuts. We weren't going anywhere so I let him win that one. The rest of the morning he spent getting right in my face and yelling "THIS IS A Q!!" while holding up a magnetic Q. (some sort of crazy magnetic thing going on around here. Lol.) Sully's "Q" is pronounced something like 'chew or two. Very cute. At times Sullivan calls a letter the wrong name just to get in an argument regarding exactly which letter he is holding. He always has this mischievous smile on his face while calling a "K" a "C" or a "V" a "W". What a goofball.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Patti,
Great "balls" story for Keaton's childhood memories.
Here is a funny "balls" story from my middle school experiences. The kids were bringing to school those "bouncy balls" that would really bounce high in the air. They were causing some discipline problems in the school. One day, the vice-principal came on the intercom at the end of the school day and said, "You boys need to stop playing with your balls behind the school." It was pretty funny!!
Marilyn

Patti said...

That is hysterical! Mike has one of those stories from junior high school that STILL makes him crack up!