Search The Moore Family

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday To Me!

My birthday on Friday was a pretty good day. Mike got up with the boys (very rare, especially on a week day!) and brought them into the bedroom to sing happy birthday and give me gifts. I was given a HUGE bag of my very favorite tea (that I heavily hinted for) and a radio/iPod station that I also hinted for. The card that the boys gave me said something about mom deserving something special for putting up with kids like mine; inside the card jumped out a huge aspirin that had "500,000 mg" printed on it. Lol.

It was so sunny here! Beautiful blue skies but, as we all know, clear skies bring very cold weather! I bundled up the boys early in the morning and we headed to our beloved dirt pile. Despite the sunny weather (it's been sunny for more than a week here) the dirt pile is now a mud pile! We didn't stay long, mostly because I didn't want the boys to touch me with their muddy hands! ;o)

Then the day gets a little fuzzy. I put up with lots of tantrums but was able to nap with the boys for a couple of hours. Then we met up with my dad, Tari, Debbie, and Vince for dinner. Red Robin is a great place for kids since it is so noisy. The staff sang happy birthday to both me and Dad and gave us sundaes.

I went to bed at a little after 8 pm (must be due to age!) and slept for 12 hours! Mike got up with the boys again on Saturday so I was able to sleep in twice! I very much appreciated that!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Patti,
I am glad you had a nice birthday. It is a real treat to sleep in two days in a row when you have toddlers in your house! It sounds like Mike was super thoughtful and sweet.
Marilyn