Search The Moore Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Keatonisms

Keats insisted that I take this picture of him holding Reuben and post it on the blog. We were up in my room and he asked me to take a picture; I told him I didn't have a camera with me. He said, "Yes you do! Your phone has a camera!" He got me there. So here's the pic.

We are so lucky that these kittens let the boys carry them around. Keaton has many small scratches on his arms/shoulders from pushing the kitties' comfort level a little too far. He doesn't seem to mind the scratches, though, as he continues to go back for more.

When I went to pick Keaton up from Aunt Debbie's today, he was full of very serious questions on the way home. Things like, "Why does Aunt Debbie and Uncle Vince keep bowls of candy out at Christmas?" and "Did Moose and Reuben miss me last night?"

As we pulled up to the house, Keaton told me that he changed his mind about what he'll be when he grows up. Instead of a doctor, he will now be a knight. Just a knight. I told him that was a fantastic idea and then asked him what exactly does a knight do? He told me he didn't really know, but they had those "wicked cool" suits of armor (which he described as shiny metal costumes) and he just wanted to be cool like a knight. He then asked me what Daddy became when he grew up. I never know how to answer the question of "what does Mike do?" so I just told Keats he needed to ask Daddy himself. Keaton suggested that Daddy could stop his current job and become a knight as well. Such a considerate kid.

I started to get out of the car when Keaton asked, "Mom, what are you going to be when you grow up?" I told him that I am a nurse, and that I am grown up. He gave me a rather incredulous look and said, "But you're too little. Daddy is lots & lots huger than you! You're a grown-up?" Tee hee. I had to explain that I just didn't grow much and that there are grown-ups even shorter than me. He said he believed me but I don't think he believed me at all. I'm thinking that, to Keaton, you need to be six feet tall to be considered a grown-up. ;o)

Luckily I don't need height to be a mom. Sure, it would be nice if I could reach the top of the fridge so I could hide the dangerous stuff from Sullivan. But chairs are easy to drag around the house. And one of these days I will have two tall boys who can reach the high stuff for me.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I want to be a fair maiden when I reach 6 feet...I mean grow up. I'm not sure what all it involves but it sounds pretty cush.

Marilyn said...

Great entry, Patti. You really capture the inside of a five-year-old mind. As a young girl, I used to think that on the day I changed into a grown-up, I would have all the answers and life would be full of Cinderella-like experiences! NOT!!!!!!!