Search The Moore Family

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Danka Shein

It is with mixed feelings that I write this post. On the one hand, I am sad that the era has come to an end; on the other hand I am very happy to know that my child is NOT really a German child. Nothing against the Deutsche, mind you, I actually would love to be from Hamburg, Germany. Because then I'd be a "Hamburger" and what isn't funny about that?


Anyhoo, I just don't speak the Deutsch language. For the most part. Except for the song from Ferris Beuller's Day Off. Plus it would be awkward explaining to Mike why his child was of direct German descent, considering Mike & I don't live in Germany and are not ourselves of direct German descent. How would I explain that?


So, what, you ask, is so sad yet such a relief to the parents?


Sully now says "Tank Du" rather than "Du Fyke". Thank you has always sounded Deutsch coming from the mouth of the Sullinator. He still says du fyke maybe 10% of the time. But the child is almost non-bilingual. ;o) He still says "mas" rather than "more".


(Just being silly, of course. I realize that a child doesn't speak the language of their lineage; they speak what they hear & are taught.)

Here is Sully on the bed he made on the mini-trampoline.







No comments: