Search The Moore Family

Friday, November 28, 2008

Keatonisms Of The Day

Keats had his first taste of Pop Rocks tonight. His expression with the first couple of rocks was priceless. Too bad I didn't have a camera in hand (very unlike me!). He looked at me and said, "Mom, it feels like my brain is burping."

Then he was outside with me while I was putting up some Christmas lights. He enjoyed turning the lights on and off, annoying me to distraction, and basically having that four-year-old awe with the things we don't even consider as being, well, a thing. We just plug something in and understand that it will either work or not work...who cares about the details? Keaton does. So, when I attached a few strands of green lights to the blue strands, he was amazed that all the lights went on. He kept turning it off and on with this look of confusion and amazement. He asked, "How do they do that? Do the lights talk to each other?" I told him that there is a current of electricity that connects all the lights so they turn off and on at the same time. Satisfied that he understood how it all worked, he said "So the first blue light talks to the second blue light and then that blue light talks to the two green lights and the last green light talks to the other blue light." This was not a question. This was a statement. He finally had it all figured out.

A few minutes later, out of the blue, he asked "How am I going to hold the whole earth?" I asked what he meant and he said "I have to fit it all on me because I love our earth and want to give it a hug. So it has to fit in my arms." Geez, he's cute. Maybe the cutest thing about it is that he says "erf" rather than earth.

Little kids sure make you see the world in a whole new light, huh?

No comments: