Search The Moore Family

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bye-bye Binky...Sorta...

This past Monday, October 27th, I opened the baby gate to let the boys out of their room around 7 or 8 in the morning...and I told Sully, "Mama is taking your binky. You can have it back when you go night-night."
And I took it.
And he cried.
And he cried.
And then he saw something...maybe something shiny, perhaps it was a passing kitten...and he promptly forgot about the binky trauma.
Sully loves his binky. Binky-Baby-Blankie are all he needs to survive. One of his favorite things to do is to snuggle on the couch with his Baby and binky. To be honest, this is one reason I haven't put my foot down until now: he's so sweet to cuddle with. And his love for his binky is, well, great big. Whatever is bigger than that, even. Great-great big? ;o) So, I didn't want to take that away from him.
But now I have developed a strong dislike for this binky stuff. I'm sick of looking all over for it. I'm sick of him not talking because the binky is in his mouth. And, mostly, I'm sick ...gah...just sick of the binky situation.
Sullivan did just fine without his binky during his waking hours. By Thursday, Sully was up playing for about two minutes and when I walked out of my room he ran up to me and gave me his binky. No trauma; no drama. That was the only time he's willingly given it up but doesn't that prove that, at least on some level, he gets it?
So, here are (hopefully) the last pics I will have of him with his binky in place.
Now if the last picture doesn't make you go "awwww" and pull on your heart strings then, and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, you aren't alive. You are at the very least mostly dead.

1 comment: