Search The Moore Family

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Keatonisms of the Day

"Why don't we go ever go to Baby Kenna's house? Isn't her house on our earth anymore?"


I was explaining that a craft I was doing was related to a baby shower for Alex...Baby Kenna's unborn brother. After many questions re: what exactly IS a baby shower, we finally settled on the idea that a baby shower is like a party for a new baby. Since Keaton knew that Baby Kenna would be getting a baby brother soon, at that it was this brother's party, this question naturally came next:


Keaton asked, "Is Baby Kenna's brother's name Baby Shower?"


And then this statement: "I want to have a baby shower for my birthday party."


Keaton was yelling at his shoes (a whole 'nother post, Oprah) while coming down the stairs this morning. He said that something was caught in the "jippers" of his shoes. I asked, "Something is caught in the Velcro?" His reply was, "I don't call it Velcro, I call it jippers. Because they don't make a Velcro sound when I take them off; they make a jipper sound."


This one isn't new but I don't think I've blogged about it. When Keaton wakes up from a bad dream, he will yell out of his bedroom door, "Mama! I took a bad dream!" Lol. He always says took rather than had. So cute. So cute that I have to let him crawl into bed with me when it happens. ;o)


"Why do human persons have to have bones under our skin?"


The following isn't funny but it is interesting. Keats has been "performing surgery" on Mike for ages. Keaton knows that Mike once broke his ankle and likes to see the scars from that. He will take a pretend drill and hammers and such and will "fix" Mike's ankle. Sometimes he works on other body parts but mostly sticks to orthopedics. Keaton is completely obsessed with human anatomy and medical-type things (I like to think I passed this on to him genetically...no pun intended...) and the body-related questions are incessant. Last night I took him to Costco and let him look at all the toys and books, to give me (I mean Santa!) an idea of what he might like. We spent the longest time in the book aisle. Why? There are about four books on human anatomy and we had to inspect each page of each book. I told him that we could buy one right then (want to encourage his learning) and he would choose one and, a second later, decide on another...and repeated that over and over. I finally told him that perhaps Santa would bring the books he didn't choose right then. So, Keaton made a decision, choosing one of those books that have a "layer" of human anatomy on each page. You can look at the skeletal system and all the veins and arteries. His "obsession of the week" regarding anatomy is what are the blue things on my hands? He is trying to grasp the idea of the circulatory system and what his heart and lungs exactly do for his body. I love the questions. Daddy could skip all the anatomy stuff since it grosses him out. ;o)


Anyhoo, I know there are many more funny things Keaton has said lately but I'll have to think on it and post later.

No comments: