Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gah. Rain. Again.

Keaton is home from school this month so that we can go do things. Like outside things. The zoo, a neato park in McMinnville...just outdoor stuff. And it is raining...for three days now. We've gotten to know the indoor playpark really well this week, that's for sure!

A very funny thing about Keats is that he absolutely must be wearing the same kind of clothes as his daddy, though sometimes it's Sully or Grandpa that he copies. If Daddy wears long sleeves & shorts, Keaton wears long sleeves & shorts. Wearing socks? With sandals? Okay...so will Keats. ;o)

Today Keaton's pants were falling off his skinny little bottom while he was playing. I asked him if he'd wear a belt if I bought him one...to which he asked "A belt just like Daddy's?" So we look online for easy-for-kids-to-operate belts and find a great site (myselfbelts.com). There were belts with airplanes, trains, dinosaurs, construction equipment...something to please every little boy. Which did Keaton choose? Plain brown. Plain old brown, just like Daddy's belt. Lol.

Yesterday Keaton was wearing a polo shirt. He was excited that this was the kind of shirt his daddy and grandpa wear. He asked me to button up his shirt with the instructions "only button one button because that's how Grandpa wears it."

He's such a goofball. So independent and always telling us "I can do it myself!" yet he has this dependence on fitting-in or matching everyone. Silly boy.

Sullivan, on the other hand, spends much of his day removing his clothing. I put him in tiny little Elmo underwear this morning and pulled the little potty out into the living room. I pointed to it and said "Sully pee-pee" and he walked over and sat on the potty. He didn't pull down his underwear...but he didn't pee either. He just sat there for a few minutes. He wore his underwear for about an hour and a half without an accident; I only took them off so we could leave the house. I am going to start doing this every morning. I refuse to push the potty-training issue with Sully, since it backfired with Keats, but I am going to make it a part of our morning routine. Wish me luck...wish me diaper-free luck!!

No comments: