Search The Moore Family

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Charlie, Part Deux

I delivered Charlie to his new home today. The place is, no exaggeration, in the middle of nowhere. Drive towards Silver Creek Falls, turn onto an unmarked, unnamed gravel road, drive past more unmarked roads, past logging trucks...and eventually you will turn onto, what else, an unmarked gravel road. And then all-the-sudden you turn into a driveway and there you are. Charlie's new home.

I'm very grateful that his new mommy agreed to meet me at a local market so I could follow her home!

I met all Charlie's new friends: two pygmie goats (very, very cute, by the way), a beautiful brown horse named Katie, two of the oldest dogs I have ever seen in my life, and chickens. Lots of chickens. Don't kid yourself: of course chasing chickens was the first thing Charlie did! His new mom said that's okay, he'll learn to be unimpressed by the local critters soon enough. ;o)

In the words of my sis, "true that, homechicken." Lol.

I still feel really guilty about bouncing Charlie around but mostly it is just strange to be home and not wonder what item Charlie might be eating out back right now...pool, truck, ball, hose, sprinkler (he ate two sprinklers this summer!), stepping stones...his standards were low.

So we'll remove evidence of Charlie (he shredded one of Sullivan's books on the deck yesterday) and we'll consider ourselves at least slightly wiser in our knowledge that we gained while Charlie lived with us. We know we should stick to cats, that stepping stones are NOT indestructible as you may believe, and that sometimes the best thing to do is admit that things need to change...and then move forward with that change, accept it, and try not to repeat the very same mistake later on.

No comments: