Search The Moore Family

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wicked

Yesterday, the 9th, marked the tenth anniversary of Mike's marriage proposal. Time sure flies, though I suppose it can alternately seem like it has been days and decades.

February 10th, today, was Cannon's due date. That in itself must age our relationship a few extra years. I know it has certainly aged me!

The first couple of years after Keaton was born, I would take him out to do something extra fun on today's date. Sullivan is super grumpy today, and it is snowing a little bit outside, so I think we're going to be stuck inside. Maybe we'll try to quickly finish up our Valentines.

I bought tickets to the live performance (a musical but I saw "opera" written somewhere in a review) for Wicked. Here is an explanation of the story:

"Long before that girl from Kansas arrives in Munchkinland, two girls meet in the land of Oz. One - born with emerald green skin - is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch."

I bought the tickets for Mike's Valentines gift. We're desperately needing to spend time together, doing something we both equally enjoy, and have decided musicals, ballets, operas, orchestras, and other live performances are something we both enjoy. So, hopefully Mike doesn't read this blog before I give him the gift! ;o)

I'm super excited though! It sounds like a fun story and I haven't been to anything like this in ages. Mike and I went to several events a year before we had the guys. Now we don't do anything that doesn't involve those very guys.

1 comment:

mojoprice said...

I saw Wicked on Broadway when I was in New York in October. It was an AMAZING show!! You will just LOVE it!!