Search The Moore Family

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Birthday Party

Keaton went to Zanden's birthday party today. Know who Zanden is? Let me tell you a funny (ish) story:

Right after Keaton started preschool last year, he was invited to the birthday party of a little guy named Zanden, a fellow preschooler. Keaton had only been to class about six times by the party so I thought it would be good for him to go, get to know some classmates and all of that.

Zanden's fourth birthday party was amazing! There were so many games to play and silly things to giggle about, Diego "computers" to decorate, cupcakes to decorate, and the kids got to feed the llamas that are owned by Zanden's family. Keaton (and the other kids, I'm sure) had an absolute blast at the party.

A couple of weeks after the party, I was talking to Sharrie Lee about it and saying something about "Zanden's mom really knows how to throw a party for four-year-olds!" to which Sharrie Lee replied, "Zanden? Zanden is my cousin! Well, my cousin's son!"

I've known Sharrie & Michelle since 1976 and have heard the names of their cousins, aunts, & uncles a gazillion times, and met them in my much younger days. So, there I was in Sharrie's cousin's house, surrounded by people I've heard about my whole life, and none of us had any idea.

Small world, huh?

So, today I took Keats to the party and it was funny to be with the same people who were there last year, yet this year "know" them so much better. ;o) The party was a ton of fun again, with lots of games to play. The party started with an egg hunt. Zanden lives on a big piece of property so there was plenty of room for an egg hunt. The llamas watched like hawks and even followed the kids as they passed the fence. I think they were hoping for handouts.

Finding an egg as a llama looks on...
The kids were each assigned one egg color and that was the only color they were to pick up. Keats searched for a dozen yellow eggs.

Where's a yellow egg, Mom? I don't see one...
(see it on the grass right in front of him?)

Llama says, "Oh please, please, please, please, please give me a nibble!"
The loot from inside the eggs.

Speckly llama.

Here is Keaton playing "London Bridge" game where he tried not to have the bridge collapse on him as he ran underneath.

A game of balance: the kids had to load a wooden spoon with plastic beads from a bowl, walk across the room, spinning around once halfway through the walk, drop the beads onto a plate, then run and give the spoon to the next player. The team with the most beads on the plate when the music ended was the winner.

Dropping the beads onto the plate.
Helping pick up the beads at the end of the game.

A blurry-but-cute picture of Keats playing Ring Around the Rosey.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Keaton looked like he had a blast. What an original party, especially with the Llamas thrown in. I like the idea of picking up only one color of egg. I have done something similar with my Easter egg hunts with the grandkids.