Search The Moore Family

Monday, February 2, 2009

Tummy Bugs

The Moore Boys, including Mike, have been fighting a stomach flu since Friday night. Things started off with Sullivan puking all over his mommy just minutes before Daddy returned home from Wisconsin. Yum. He continued to get sick until the wee hours of the morning. I slept downstairs on the couch with him. Actually "slept" is an overstatement. I think I was allowed a few long blinks and nothing more than that. But he was feeling better by Saturday. Grumpy & tired, but not sick to his stomach.

So, yesterday we went to a Superbowl party since no one seemed to be ill. Everything was great at the party, the boys had lots of fun and ran around quite a bit. Around 11:30 last night Keaton started throwing-up. I'll spare you the detailed-details about vomit dripping from the top bunk onto the bottom bunk. Yes, Keaton got a "two-fer". Lol.

He was sick a couple more times overnight but is totally fine today. He wanted to eat right away. He's hyper & happy & has a good appetite so it seems as though his bug was fairly mild. ((knocking wood right now!!))

Mike was sick last night, just once, but feels crummy today. He actually didn't work. He was home all day and yet didn't work. Thems big steps for the workaholic that is Mike!

I'm hopinghopinghoping I don't catch the bug. Its hard enough to take care of the kids on some days when I feel totally fine...active parenting & flu bugs just don't mesh. Today I had to take all the linens from the bunk beds and rinse them off out front. That was a joyous task, as you can imagine. Mmmmm. SO glad that is over. Lol.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Too bad about the stomach bug. I hope you don't get it because there usually isn't anyone to take care of Mommy!
My dad had an accident at his farm on Friday. My brother and I (and my sister-in-law) have been with him ever since. He cracked his butt bone (whatever that is) and can only get around with a walker. We are just taking a day at a time.