Search The Moore Family

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Perks & Haunted Houses

Random things without pictures...I haven't picked up my camera since Saturday! Perhaps I am terribly ill? Lol.


1) One of the perks (pun shamelessly intended) of having Mike work from home is that he makes coffee every day. If we're out of coffee he'll go to Starbucks. :o) When I wake up and am not sure if Mike is sleeping or if he's upstairs working, all I have to do is feel the coffee pot. If it is hot then Mike's at work; if it is cold then I need to go wake him up!


2) Having kittens around is very much like living in a haunted house. A light will turn off, a pinecone will go flying across the living room floor, you'll feel something tickle your leg and by the time you look down the kitten is long gone. Moose turns off the living room light by climbing up on a chair and attacking the light switch. When the light goes out and you look over to see what happened, Moose is lying down, pretending to be dead-asleep, as though he would never do such a thing. This morning I found an old chicken dinosaur (think healthy McNugget), with ketchup dried around the edges, a pebble, and a small piece of styrofoam from the carpet steamer we bought Friday....all these things were tucked inside a sock that was under the table. I suspect that the kittens slapped these items around and, when they became stuck in the sock, Kitten Two Second Attention Span kicked in and they were off to chase something shiny. ;o) It is as though they collect these little odds & ends and then save them to attack during a particularly high-energy morning. =^..^=


That's all I have. I'm in the process of making a gazillion (okay, 25...but four layers of paper, a bow, and some puffy tape on each so it feels like a gazillion) baby shower invitations for Sharrie Lee. My goal is to mail them today...if my hand doesn't cramp up or go into spasms from writing all those addresses! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

It sounds like you all are having fun with the kittens.
I love your new background. It is lovely. One thing that is difficult is the color (yellow) of the print. I have a hard time reading it.
Marilyn

Marilyn said...

Hi again,
I can see the words really well now. The background is so cute! You and the kids seem to have constant entainment courtesy of the kittens!
Marilyn