Search The Moore Family

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Party Like You're SIX!!

Keaton celebrated his sixth birthday on the 15th with a private party at the indoor playground. It was less expensive to reserve the entire place on a weeknight than renting just some of the space on a weekend, plus we were allowed to have a hundred guests included in the lower price; last year it was more expensive and we were only allowed 15 guests! So, I invited many people with kids, thinking only that they may as well come play for free since we paid for the place.

What I didn't consider, with all those invitations, were the number of gifts that Keaton would receive. OMG. Our home looks like the Lego catalog came to life! I think there were 21 kids, plus all the grown-ups, so we had a good turnout. I think all the kids had a great time. I am pretty sure that Keats will remember his sixth birthday party well into adulthood!

He received many Lego sets, a cool paper airplane folding set, a Lego watch (which he is THRILLED with and thinks that Mike should get a grown-up size one to match his, lol), a Darth Vader shirt, Star Wars figurines, books, the game Trouble (which is very fun! Even Sully can sort of play along)....and just lots of stuff.

When we got home and emptied the bag of gifts I was shocked at the size of the pile! I mentioned to Keats that there are kids that will not get much for Christmas (I did have to say that they'd get ONE gift from Santa because if I said they'd get nothing he would wonder why Santa wouldn't deliver toys to those kids...Keaton is much too close to figuring out the whole Santa charade!) I told him that we were donating some toys to an eight-year-old boy this week and asked if he would like to donate any of his birthday gifts. I was pleasantly surprised when he chose TWO very cool gifts. Not Legos, of course, but toys that he and Sully would have had a good time playing with. I'm so proud of him for giving away his gifts without even questioning why. What a good kid!





The Lego-ish cakes and Lego-ish gift bags.




I wrapped up this Batman costume for Sully to open while Keats was opening his gazillion gifts. Sully was soooo thrilled with the costume and I am very glad I thought to bring the gift along! He ran around in the costume the rest of the party. Doesn't he look cute!?!

No comments: