Search The Moore Family

Thursday, December 17, 2009

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

My dad turned 70 last Saturday and we went to a party at the Elks Lodge where he is a member. Um. Interesting scene: old people---and I mean like 80-year-old ladies pouring back a few drinks, lots of polyester pant-suits, I must have noticed six wrist splints...you get the idea. We had a very fun time and drank entirely too much. Beer. Drank too much beer. Much too much. But it was fun!

Mike took the boys home from the party at about 7:45 and Vince & Debbie agreed to drive me home. After we left the Elks, we went to a bar here in West Salem. I drank much there as well. As a matter of fact, I apparently drank fruity drinks that my neighbor bought for me; I remember seeing my neighbors and talking with them but I have no memory of the fruity drinks. I think that's about the time when everything faded to black....

...luckily I was delivered home safely and woke up in my own bed the next day. Not as hungover as I deserved to be but I definitely remembered why I don't go out drinking: it sucks to have children to care for when all you want to do is, well, die. ;o)

Anyhoo, here are some fun pics of the night, plus a few cute ones taken before we left home for the party.

Me. Second bar. Very drunk.

Vince & Debbie

Debbie, Dad, and me

Debbie and me

Daddy'o, playing with the boys before they had to leave the party.

Debbie & Vince. Again. Yes.

Barely caught this cute picture of Sully giving his daddy a big kiss.

They just don't cooperate.

Sully either does the above face....

....or this face....which is CUTE but not exactly natural looking...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Way to go, old timer! I had the pleasure of visiting the Milwaukie Elks club for a kid's resale even this psst summer. What a trip! As you entered they had an older woman perched on a bar stool to direct people. I'm not sure but she may have become premanently attached to that stool in the 70s or so.