Search The Moore Family

Monday, July 13, 2009

Well, I don't have any pics to post...or anything interesting to write, really. We haven't been doing a whole lot of anything. I was "grounded" last week so didn't get out much, plus Keats has had Safety Town from 9-1130 every day so that limits what we can do.

Today, while Keats was in class, Sully and I went to the store to buy the makings of his birthday cake. I bought about 96 pounds of candy, in all shapes, colors, and sizes, plus three boxes of cake mix, two jars of frosting, and three big packs of blue Jello. My thought is to create a swimming pool cake since the only relative theme the party has is splashing in the water out back. I bought extra cake mix in case I mess up. (Highly likely.) The blue Jello will be mixed with Knox gelatin to make it firm and then I'll fill up a "pool" that I've scraped out of the top of the cake. This is the plan, anyway. I bought candies to cover the outside of the cake so I suppose I can cover up any boo-boos with candy. ;o)

I can't believe Sullivan is already turning three! I really, really tried to pay attention to his babyhood but it managed to scream right past me in a blur of sleepless nights, diaper changes, and trips to the pediatrician. *sigh* We are giving Sullivan an electric keyboard for his birthday. I almost bought a mini drum set...just like a real set only on a smaller scale so the boys could actually play it, but I just couldn't do it. I know they'd love it and that music is supposed to be so good for their brains...but it would bother my brain too much to have to listen to it! The keyboard has volume control so I know I can handle it. And Sully will love to play lots of music, I'm sure. ;o) I also found a Wonder Pets backpack (little, tiny toddler-sized) that came with a free, matching lunch box. He'll be very very excited for those things.

We're just having a barbeque. Hopefully the sun will shine because I plan to have the little pools ready to go and the slip n' slide going. Today is overcast, yesterday we had rain & thunder like mad...you just never know what you're going to get around here. At least for Keaton & I, the December kids, we ALWAYS know to expect it to be bad weather. ;o)

Keats is enjoying Safety Town. On Friday the police department came to talk with them and today it was the fire department. I posted this on Facebook already but Keaton had a funny take on the intructions for if he were to catch on fire. He thinks it is "stop, rock & roll" rather than stop, drop, and roll. He'll even show you the right moves...but still calls it stop, rock, and roll. LOL. Funny kid. Rock & roll on the brain.

Sully just now decided no nap for the day so I must be these boys out of here to play. Indoor playpark, here we come!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I will hope for good weather for Sully's birthday as well. I remember when he was born, it was around 100 degrees outside in Salem. Did I remember correctly?