Search The Moore Family

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not A Baby Anymore!

Keats lost, or should I say he pulled out, his left top-front tooth last night at dinner. Dinnertime seems a popular time for teeth to jump out! Around two o'clock yesterday, Keats showed me that his tooth was just barely hanging on. He tried to pull it, I tried to twist & wiggle it out, and Mike gave it a few yanks...but the stubborn thing held on. It fell out whilst Keaton was munching on a chicken Mickey Mouse head and peas. ;o)

He got another five bucks from the Tooth Fairy. I should tell you the reason the Tooth Fairy leaves such a big chunk of dough for teeth: the Tooth Fairy knows that if he leaves a buck, Keats will buy a cheapo toy...but if he leaves FIVE bucks each time, Keaton's mama can talk him into saving up cash from every four teeth so he can buy something of much higher quality. Higher quality toys means no immediately-broken-parts-followed-by-big-meltdown-due-to-being-heartbroken-over-broken-cheapo-toy. :o) Keaton's mama has him talked into saving up $20 to buy a Star Wars lightsaber (or whatever they are really called) because she won't buy him a weapon...so he's gonna have to pull teeth (& weeds) if he wants that sort of thing.

So, he lost the tooth just as we were leaving to see the reptiles last night. We literally got into the car four minutes after the tooth was out. I looked back at him in his carseat and he smiled at me...showing me all those cute gaps in his teeth...and I actually got tears in my eyes. He looks SOOOOOO cute! Amazingly cute. But not like a baby. At all. He looks like a really cute little kid I'd see playing at the playground while I'm hovering over my too-small-to-be-left-unattended boys.

Don't worry, I'm still going to hover...I'll just have to do it to Sully before he starts losing his baby teeth. :o)







1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You do have a generous tooth fairy at your house. Keaton looks cute with missing teeth. Is your back feeling better, Patti?