Search The Moore Family

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sweet New Ride

Mike went out and bought us this Honda Metropolitan scooter today! This is just a pic from a Honda website, but ours is identical. How cute is this thing??
A few weeks ago, I was driving home from work and saw an ad for a moped and it suddenly hit me that we should buy one. This way, I can take the moped to work and leave the van home with Mike so that he and the boys aren't trapped at home. The scooter was very inexpensive and the insurance is about a hundred bucks a year. It gets a hundred miles per gallon, too! Excellent!
This solves many problems for us. I won't be able to take the moped on days with, say, snow or whatever, but I can get a good set of rain gear (or borrow Mike's!) and I will be fine. Mike is excited, too, not just that he gets to have a car during the day but because he had a moped a long time ago and is looking forward to cruising around on our cute new Metro!

No comments: