Search The Moore Family

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Safety First

On Saturday, my sister & I hit one of our favorite places: Goodwill. I know, I know...but you can find some totally great stuff there. I feel so much better buying from a company that directly helps people in need than a company that just stuffs their pockets. (Thus my complete & total boycott of WalMart...I think I went there in the early 1990s but not since!) I found a pair of adjustable inline skates for Keaton. He's been skating since last year but has been begging for rollerblades for months now. I paid $4.99 for this pair! Gotta love that!

Today was his first time ever rollerblading and he did a GREAT job! He had no fear and took to them immediately. He can skate faster in his regular skates but I think after another time or two on these, he'll be a pro!

Safety first! Strap on those helmets, gentlemen.

And away we go!

First completely solo strides...


The shirt may be a slight exaggeration in skates...but so true when on foot!

I just love the hand-in-pocket pose :o)

He's got it!

Rona was there to witness the big skating day.

Sully much prefers to sit down and watch people play basketball. He calls it "soccer" but loves it just the same. I think the young guys who are playing always like having a fan in the stands. ;o)

What is so amazing about this picture is that Keats is even attempting to climb this "rock" wall. He is SO afraid of having the earth under his feet move...we had our play structure in our own backyard for a year before he would even try our rock wall! Today, after succeeding at rollerblading, he said, "Hey Mom! Guess what? I can climb that wall now!" And he did. Here's proof. I am just so happy that he is gaining this confidence. Keaton tends to think things are out of his control when they are really all up to him...so this is HUGE. :o)


He made it!

No comments: