Search The Moore Family

Thursday, April 30, 2009

One. Just One.

Q: How many blackberries does it take for a five-year-old to cover the front of his white shirt (new), hands, and rub the juice & seeds all over the freshly shined stainless steel fridge?

A: One. Yep. One. Grrrr....

Luckily the juice came out of the shirt. I wish Mike had been in the kitchen when the blackberry scene went down; he'd get a better idea of why the house is sticky & messy. I try, I really try. And it looks nice for a few minutes...until one of the Moore Boys eats/drinks/plays/walks into the room. ;o) Oh well, job security for me, huh? LOL.

After several rainy days, today was super nice. Breezy but nice. Sullivan didn't nap, which was actually really nice since it allowed us to leave the house to get outside. We headed down to the footbridge again. This time I pulled the Radio Flyer wagon & had us loaded up for a light lunch. With both boys in the wagon it was almost too much for me, but they both walked a good portion of the 2-1/4 mile trek. My motive was to exhaust them so they'll go to bed easily tonight.

On Tuesday, I snipped the tips off of Sullivan's binkies. He's only been getting them at nap/bedtime so I did it when he put it away in the morning. He only has two binkies and I haven't bought any for maybe a year. You can imagine how yucky these binkies are! So, anyway, I went for it and snipped away. He was annoyed that day at naptime but he did eventually nap, broken binkie firmly in his mouth. Yesterday I cut even more off, so there may be half the latex left. I wasn't home at bedtime last night but Mike said Sully blew a gasket as soon as he was in his room. By the time I came home around ten p.m. Sullivan was sound asleep. He did not wake me up once last night! Yippee!! Tonight I will snip even more; cross your fingers that we sleep around here!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

The binky thing is funny. I had never thought of doing that when Natalie had one for so long.