Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mike left for Wisconsin on Monday morning. By 9 a.m. Monday, Keaton was already saying, "I miss Daddy too much." Sweet & sad all at the same time! Keaton used his body to explain exactly how far away Daddy is, and exactly how much he misses Daddy. He traced his finger all up and down and around his belly, to his legs, to his arms, and tried to reach to his back. He is beyond adorable sometimes.

I'm getting better at writing down little Keatonisms on Facebook and then I forget to write them down here. Some funny ones of late are that he said someone had already "hatched" the hard-boiled eggs he was given at breakfast one morning. The hotel peeled all the eggs...so Keats was shocked (and annoyed since he really likes to peel them) that the eggs were already hatched. The day we came home the boys were in a bath, trying to remove the remainders of the beach from their bodies. I reminded Keats to wash his whole body. He started telling me every single body part that he was washing and said, "And I can't forget my bottom armpits" as he was washing behind his knees. Lol. The other day, Keaton was full of questions regarding what happens to our bones when we die. He was wondering why he doesn't see dead bodies all over the place, I presume, so he's figured out that something must happen to them. We settled on the idea that our bodies slowly disappear after we die. So, first thing this morning, Keaton informed me that he plans to keep his own bones, in his own body, for a very, very long time. ;o)

I spent two solid hours with the boys at the indoor play park today. I should get a medal for that. The place isn't as fun for the adults...hard to imagine, but true. It is cold and noisy and I have to keep track of both the boys, who tend to run in opposite directions, of course. We were going stir crazy at home though. Tomorrow I have an appointment in the morning and then one of Keaton's good friends is coming over to play with him in the afternoon. So we'll all get at least a little bit of a break from each other. ;o)

I've been trying to compose this entry for over two days. I can't seem to think of anything of interest to say...and I don't have any new pictures that can do the talking for me. And now I'm off to hit the treadmill while Keats is in school and Sully is down for his nap...

...by the way, Sullivan insisted on taking one of the lunch boxes to bed with him for his nap. He always carries one into school when we drop off Keats and lately he's been taking the box to bed with him. Like under-the-covers and everything. How cute is he?

No comments: