Search The Moore Family

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Soccer Game #2

Keats (and his team, Liverpool) had their second game this afternoon. Mostly they did a great job, really hustling and going for the ball. It is frustrating, however, to watch their "attention spans that of gnats" and their inability to hear their coach shout out intructions to them during the game. But I suppose that will go away in a few more seasons...or at least my blood pressure hopes so! Lol.

Liverpool lost today but they did better overall. It is sure fun to watch how excited the boys get when they make a good move. It is also funny to witness that near-lack-of-any-attention-span and how they goof off, giggle, and throw clods of grass/dirt at each other. Oh, to be so carefree!

After both games, Keats has never even known which team won, nor does he have a clue of the score (neither do we, actually!). So, I hope that means we've gotten through to him that this is all about fun....and I've even explained that someone has to lose...should it ALWAYS be the other team?? He says, no, that wouldn't be any fun for them. :o) Hopefully Liverpool wins a game or two but mostly I hope Keats just really likes soccer and playing these games!

Their team and solo pictures were taken today. We'll receive them in the mail and I can't wait to see how they turned out!





The next pics aren't the greatest quality due to being from the camera on a phone, but I like them just the same!

This is my niece, Erin, and her friend. Erin is on the left...so pretty and don't you LOVE that dimple!

Moose. All stressed out. As usual.

Sully had an urgent appointment with the doctor on Wednesday. He couldn't stop coughing no matter how much medication I gave him. I called to see what else I could give him and the nurse asked, "Is that him coughing in the background?" I said, yep, that's what I'm dealing with. She responded with "Can you be here in 30 minutes?"
So, we got there in 30 minutes! The doc checked everything, listening to his lungs for a long time. She said his lungs were perfectly clear. His cough is just awful- hacking, non-stop, and you can hear some junk in there....so she said he clearly has allergies. She also said that he was the third kid (this was fairly early in the morning) she'd seem that day with the exact same symptoms. From that she said there must be some field burning going on around town and that hopefully this reaction will be short-lived...
...but now it is Saturday and his cough is still that cruddy. Poor baby. I tried Claritin first as the doc says this has the least side-effects of other antihistamines. Then I tried Benadryl, which should be the strongest out there. Today I bought Zyrtec at Costco and tried it. His cough seems okay today but he is sooooo zoned out! He fell asleep in the car on the way home from soccer. This child NEVER sleeps in the car. Ever. Now I'm not sure what to try. I think I'll leave it up to Mike tomorrow (since I work all day) and then I won't be the one trying to choose the best medication.
Anyhoo, these two pics were of him while waiting in the exam room. I had given him Benadryl and hour or so before the appointment and I think it started kicking in while we were waiting. He was feeling better so started goofing around with the big mirror in the room. Cutie patootie!

No comments: