Search The Moore Family

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Daily Dish

Add ImageI have no pictures to go with my story, but Keaton's soccer team, Liverpool, won their game on Saturday. Keaton made EIGHT goals! The final score was 12-11...big scoring game for such little guys, huh?

The sad thing is that this is the ONE game I will have to miss for the entire season. Boo hoo. Our garage sale started at 0800 and the game started at 0830. Mike had to take Keats to the game with no one else from the family to see his big game. Packing my bags for a long, long Mama Guilt Trip. Lol.

Also, since I wasn't there, my camera wasn't there. No pics or video of the action. Hopefully another family caught some photos for us.

SisterLove started off our fundraising year with a bang. We made $462 at the garage sale, and more money will trickle in as we sell a few of the nicer items on eBay or Craigslist. I am soooo happy to have extra room in my garage, too!

Keats is still loving school. He is so happy to hear "school tomorrow". He almost always chooses his clothes the night before and he makes sure he knows where his shoes and mochila (backpack) are so there isn't a scramble in the morning.

I am frequently blown away by big changes in Keaton's personality. In a good way. ;o) He is obviously maturing and it makes me very proud! Keats has always been a bit of a control freak (understatement) and wants things to be perfect the very first second of the very first try. There has also been, in the past, a line that a bad mood/tantrum crosses for Keats when he absolutely cannot control himself...and neither can we. These things are a'changin'!

One example is his soccer cleats/shin guard/soccer sock combination. The first time he wore the three of them together was the morning of his very first game (bad, bad planning on his parents' part!) and it was a near disaster. Keats doesn't like to have his clothes feel "funny" to him in any way. He simply won't wear something that is too....too.....oh, too anything. Lumpy, bumpy, crunchy, sticky...whatever. The shin guards attach under his foot with a large elastic band and the soccer socks are just funky feeling (I probably wouldn't like them either!). So....meltdown occurred before his first game. He was kicking, crying, and carrying on like a nut. He eventually pulled himself together and forgot about the funny feeling gear.

Fast forward one week later: We're getting ready for game #2 and I decided to put his soccer gear on in the car so he could get used to everything on the drive to the game. I put on his first cleat and he holds out his arms and very nicely & calmly says "Wait...can I just do something first?" And that was it. He took off his cleat, put it back on, I tied the laces and that was it. Nothing else.

I was permagrin for an hour, I swear. It still makes me smile. It is so out of character for Keats to do something like that in such a calm manner. I can tell my baby is growing up.

Sullivan, however, is very much three! Lucky for him he's so damn cute. ;o) He is sick today with a tummy bug. Actually, he had diarrhea last night before bed, and vomitted during the night, but today he seems fine and is eating quite a bit. Hopefully it was just something at dinner that didn't settle well. He starts his preschool in one week! Yay!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Big changes are happening at your house. Tell Keaton that Grandma and Grandpa are so proud of him for getting all the soccer goals and doing so well!