Search The Moore Family

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Evergreen Aviation Museum

This very, very brave soul took Sully, Keats, and their friends Ty & Kyler to the Evergreen Avaiation museum in McMinnville. Only about 25ish minutes from my home. I swapped kids the day before, so Melina had my boys Thursday and I took her boys Friday. I wanted to take them somewhere so decided this place would be the best shot as it is indoors (doors are GOOD when you have a runaway three-year-old!). We had a great time and everyone behaved themselves.

I bought a membership to a museum in Dayton, Ohio that allows us to get into places around here for free. There's a problem with local museum memberships: you don't get free passes to anything within a certain amount of miles (like fifty) from the museum where you hold the membership. So I heard through the MOMS Club that this place was a good deal. I paid $69 for a one-year membership and it got all five of us into the aviation museum for "free" and I believe it will work at the zoo and OMSI as well. A little sneaky, perhaps, but we more than make up for it with food & gifts. I spent $39 just on lunch for the brood!!! Unreal. Anyhoo, if you want to know the museum I went through, just let me know.


Ty, Keats, Kyler, and Sully at the entrance to the museum
The Spruce Goose.

Cheese!

Inside the Spruce Goose.

Kyler was great for giving Sully piggyback rides when Sully got too grumpy from all the activity (we were there allll through his normal nap time.)

I just thought it was funny that they stopped to read all of these informational stands.

The boys had to sit down, and buckle up, in every single airplane seat in the museum. And there were a LOT of them! Love how Sully is trying to figure out how it works...

Checking out more seats...

In the childrens play area

I have a pic of Keats in this same 'copter when he was one :o)

LOVE this shot!

Sullivan was fascinated with this display that talked about wind velocity and other exciting things

I almost couldn't drag these two out of their fighter plane...

Sully, checking out the little plane. "I a PILOT! I a PILOT!!"

The boys were able to ride these planes three separate times, all included in the membership deal

Ahhhh...the Air & Space Museum has seats too! Awesome!

Huge rocket...

We climbed down a few flights of stairs and are standing under the rocket in the picture above

This was a cool display about the Apollos

This is the closest Sully would come to posing for me.

I don't remember what this thingy is called but it went to Mars, and therefore the boys wanted their picture in front of it!

The playground outside had this neato helicopter playset

Two tired boys after a very fun day!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Freaky. Look at my blog for a post of where we went on Saturday.