Search The Moore Family

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day Of Kindergarten

Today was the big day. Keaton was sooooo excited! Yesterday he could talk of nothing but school. This morning he came into my room at 4 a.m. to ask if he could get dressed! I promptly put him to bed with me and he slept until about 6:45 and then wanted to get dressed...so I let him.

Sully made the trek over to the school with us. Keats had zero fear or shyness once we got there. Kindergarteners lined up separately outside the school and he just got right in line and waited. Once we got to his classroom he was very excited to find his very own hook to hang his backpack on during class. Then we found his apple-shaped name tag and a book for him to practice writing his name.

He barely looked at Sully and me as we left the room! I'm so happy that he is so happy about school!





Coolest shoes ever, according to Keats anyway. ;o)


He's been so excited to use his new backpack! We bought it months ago but he made me put it away in my closet until school so that he wouldn't be tempted to use it too early.

We walked through these gates HUNDREDS of times (to go play at the school) but this is the very first time he is walking through as a student. :o)

Standing in line with the other kindergarteners.

Getting a hug/wrestle from the baby brother.

Mom, will you leave already? I'm in school!

Bummer that this is blurry...but you can still see how dang cute it is!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing Keaton's kindergarten 1st day. He looks so cute and also very fashionable for a five year old boy (shoes and backpack). I am glad he had a good day.
Might you acutally be going to have a couple of hours to yourself when Sully goes to preschool? Cool!

Stacey said...

Super cute! That's wonderful that he transitioned so well.