Search The Moore Family

Monday, March 2, 2009

Stuff

Busy times here at the Moore household. Not busy with big things, just busy with life things. Mike returned home on Friday night; he doesn't leave again for nearly three weeks. :o) That evening, the boys & I headed to a party at Sharrie Lee's house. Mike had the taxi drop him there instead of at home. It was sweet to see how excited the boys were to see him. Especially Sullivan, since he didn't know Daddy was coming to the party. As much as we all dislike the fact that Mike travels so much, seeing how excited the three of them are to see each other when Mike comes home almost makes it worth it. Almost.

Today the boys seem to have caught another bug. This time it is a bug of the runny nose & cough variety. Oh, and the grumpy prschooler variety. ;o) We have a playdate scheduled for tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed that the illness is a quick one. We love having Keaton's friend Ty come to play. Those two get along so great! We alternate the boys going to each other's houses on Tuesday. Last week Keats went to Ty's house, so this week Ty should be coming over here. I can't believe we didn't think of doing this long ago. If you didn't know either of them, you might think Ty & Keats were brothers; possibly fraternal twins. Keaton is a little taller than Ty now, though, so maybe the twin idea won't fly for long. But they are so much alike in personality that it is scary! They are both just so exhuberant with play & so active...both are completely absorbed in a superhero/lego/bionicle world. Perfect playmates.

I signed Keaton up for two weeks of summer camp. They are day camps, from 9am-4pm. The first week, in June, Keaton will learn how to make a rock band. I'm not sure what that entails but I think something like that is right up his alley. The second week, in August, the kids learn to be doctors. I think they are doctors in Africa. I didn't sign up Sully for the classes because a) I'm not sure he would do well without naps, b) the kids have to be three & potty trained so he couldn't go to the rock band camp anyway, and c) I think the boys deserve a break from each other!

I will register Keaton for kindergarten on March 19th. I cannot find the words to express how I feel about that. Shocked at how quickly the time has gone, shocked that my son is already going to be in "real" school, sad that his baby years are gone, happy that he's getting to be such a big boy...you get the idea. Mostly I'm excited for him!

I can sign Sullivan up for preschool on March 13th. I don't know if I will do that or not. I think it would probably be a great idea for both of us. Sullivan has had very few experiences away from me, away from home without his parents. I think he would do fine but, since he's my baby-baby, I almost want to think he couldn't handle being away from his mama for a few hours. ;o)

Today I watched Kenna while Sharrie Lee took Baby Alex in for his eight-week appointment. Sullivan knows Kenna as we've had her here quite a bit in the past eighteen months...but once he turned two, maybe even as recently as two & a half, he doesn't quite like sharing things with her. Including my lap and the bowl of grapes in the fridge. He has that standard, hostile two-year-old attitude toward younger toddlers. But he isn't mean to her; he tolerates her. Keaton has this terrible habit of thinking it is hilarious to say things like "bye-bye poopy diapers!" or something close to that rather than simply saying goodbye to someone. Most people think it is funny and encourage him with comebacks of their own. I cringe when I hear him say these things, ask him to say the right thing, and mostly just look forward to the day when he outgrows the behavior. So, today Sharrie Lee is gathering her stuff to leave and I reminded the boys to say bye to her. Sully leaned over and said "Bye-bye Sharrie!" but said nothing to Kenna. I asked him to say goodbye to Kenna and he said "Bye poop!" My sweet, adorable, cuddly little baby boy said "Bye poop!" And he laughed. And so did Keaton. And so Sullivan said it again. And then he was so excited he jumped off the couch and ran to the door to say it a few more times. *sigh*

At least it was something for the boys to bond over. And I do have to admit that it was pretty funny! In a burp/fart kind of way. ;o)

1 comment:

mojoprice said...

Kids say the darndest things, don't they? And, I'll agree, it's hard NOT to laugh sometimes.

My babies are growing up so fast, too. We need to sign up Wyatt for Kindergarten soon, which makes me very sad. I just can't believe he's actually starting this fall. Where does the time go?? Amelia will be in Kindergarten next year!! No more babies, that's for sure.

Sounds like you are well and enjoying mommyhood, as always. Love you guys!! Mo-Jo