Search The Moore Family

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

Well, I officially have kids now. Not babies or toddlers or anything cute & sugar-coated like that.

Nope, I have actual kids.

How do I know? Today I heard the words that make you KNOW you have kids, that babyhood is essentially over...and that another episode is life is opening.

Today, I heard the words, "Mom, I don't want Sully to look at me! Make him stop looking at me!"

I know this was bound to happen. I was just hoping it would happen in a decade or so. Maybe longer. *sigh*

I even tried the whole "well if you weren't looking at him, you wouldn't know he was looking at you" tactic which, naturally, failed to sway the older brother.

I'm not always so sure I'm ready & prepared to take this motherhood thing on...but hey, here we go!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

How is the single mom doing? The boys keep you busy and involved while Mike is gone. That is both good and bad! My daughters were always saying to me, "She is touching me," in the backseat of the car. Sometimes I felt like getting some strong duct tape for their mouths to get a little peace and quiet. (Yes, I know that would be child abuse, but I just thought it--didn't do it!)