Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Keaton's Room

Keats is excited to have his own room again. He shares his closet with Daddy but otherwise the place is all his. He is hoping that Daddy will start sleeping on the bottom bunk, actually. So far, Daddy isn't interested. ;o)

I tried putting the computer in Keaton's room but it started arguments between him and Sully almost immediately; instead, I put in the Lego table. (Sullivan got the train table in his room.) I am hoping to get all the toys out of the playroom, and into each boy's room, but that will probably take a while. I need more containers to hold the toys in their rooms because having toys all over their floors will drive me batty.

Painting this room was the very first thing I did when we moved in. Before unpacking, even. I really wanted the room to be completely done before I moved Keats in...so I hurried up and painted the waves on the room. It was exhausting (I didn't realize I was pregnant with Sullivan at the time) but I'm so glad that I did it. His room is a pirate theme but I figure the waves will allow for a theme change to surfing, fishing, general fish theme, general ocean theme...whatever. I like the options...especially if it means no repainting for years & years!




1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I had my two girls in the same bedroom for awhile when they were little. Melanie was fine with it, but Natalie wasn't. We put Natalie in her own room when she was 10, and life went a lot smoother after that. So , hurrah for Keaton getting his own space.! I think that it is an excellent idea to enclose the playroom eventually for Mike's office.