Search The Moore Family

Monday, March 14, 2011

STOMP

I took Keats to see STOMP in Portland yesterday. We both loved it! I was tipped off to a "pre-sale sale" and was able to score box seats for a pretty good price. Our view was great and the length of the show was perfect for a wiggly seven-year-old. Every few minutes, during the show, Keats would lean over to me and whisper that it was awesome or WOW! or that is so cool!

The cast of STOMP uses everything you can think of to make music. They had basketballs, kitchen sinks (even using those yellow dish-gloves for their squeaky quality), garbage cans/lids, innertubes, and brooms. They are an incredibly talented crew!

And I hope Keats picked up on how very cool it is to use brooms & dustpans! Perhaps I'll get some housework out of him if I can convince him that it will be building his musical talents?

No comments: