Search The Moore Family

Monday, March 21, 2011

It Was A Very Green Day, Indeed


I had St. Patrick's Day off work and neither of the boys had school. We started the morning with them each finding gold chocolate coins in their shoes by the front door. They were ecstatic about that, let me tell you! Chocolate first thing in the morning = a very good morning for little boys. :o)

Then we decided to go to the indoor playground. Just before we left, I remembered we had leftover green hairspray. The guys were all excited to be covered with green, so we used up the entire can of spray. They sure got a lot of attention for having the crazy green 'dos!

At the indoor park, we ran into Sharrie and her mom, Bette. They had Alex, Kenna and Jamey there, so the kids got to run around and have fun together. That was a nice surprise.

After the indoor park, I took the boys to a restaurant called Rockin' Rogers. It is a 50s theme diner. After their meal, the boys were offered a free ice cream sundae. Keats had noticed a brownie sundae on the menu and I told the waitress that I promised him that so we would forgo the free ice cream. She said she could add brownie bits to his ice cream for free so we took her up on that offer. OMG. Keats nearly died with delight from that ice cream! He kept saying "This is the best one I have ever had and I'm not even kidding, Mom!"

After the meal, I had the boys each give the waitress a dollar and say thank you for the great sundaes. She was one of those waitresses that kids love and that parents love, too, since they make their kids happy. :o)

Then we came home. Keats told me that this was the "third best day of my life." Lol.











No comments: