Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One-On-One With Sully

This morning, the boys were annoying each other as much as they possibly could. I decided to get us out & on a little hike but Keats decided that didn't sound like any fun at all. Luckily, Mike was able to let Keaton stay home with him so I was able to take Sullivan by himself. This gave the boys (and their mom) a much-needed break from each other.

I swear, they are either laughing hysterically, screaming at each other, wrestling & giggling, or threatening each other with bodily harm. Mostly they love hanging out together but they sure fight!

I took Sullivan to Orchard Heights Park. He was able to play on a downed-tree, a playground, splash in a creek and throw some rocks, and pick blackberries! He was SOOOO excited to find out that some of the blackberries that grow wild along the path were ripe! I honestly couldn't pick them as fast as he could eat them. He picks them, too, but he also gets so scratched up that I try to do most of the picking. He has a nasty scratch that goes the length of his right calf after a tangle with a wayward, thorny vine today. But he was still very excited to get the beloved berries!

The berries are just now ripening, as you can see from the picture of the vine, and I would guess that in a couple of weeks we are going to be able to take our containers to the parks to get our fill of berries. Last year I made a syrup out of some berries (basically cooked them and added something to thicken it a bit) and the boys went wild with the syrup over some ice cream. They remember it well and are anxious for me to make it again. Bummer that I never write down a recipe for things I create! ;o)








1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I love the photo of Sully and the dandelion flufff!