Search The Moore Family

Saturday, July 26, 2008

what the....

Today we took the boys to The Bite. Keaton wanted to ride the ferris wheel; the big wheel, not any baby ride. I'm so shocked that he says he wants to do this (usually he needs the world firmly planted under his feet) that I hurry to buy tickets. I bought four, thinking it was a ticket-per-ride. Not so, not so. It was four tickets per ride, per-person....no matter the age or if you are the parent who is stuck going with the kid who wants to ride.

It was eight bucks for Keaton and I to ride the ferris wheel. He loved it, so money well-spent in that regard, but really? Eight bucks??? If minimum wage is only like $7.50-ish, how are people supposed to afford to take their kids? I loved fairs as a kid and remember riding until I was, quite literally, sick. Today I was feeling sick, it was just for a different reason. ;o)

So Keats wants to ride everything and we had to severely limit his riding. I suppose we could have taken more money out of the bank to let him ride to his heart's content but Daddy-o and I were going off of principle: we didn't want to support such price-gouging. Keats rode a roller coaster, on his own so this ride was only four bucks, and that was that. Home we went.

No comments: