Search The Moore Family

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Keaton, in a nutshell


Keats is 4 and a half years old and is so much fun to hang out with now. I feel like I don't get to see much of him since he's in school all day so I am excited to have him home for a month. :o) He still has the occassional tantrum but for the most part is an easy kid. He is learning to be a clown to get the attention away from his baby brother so most pictures I take of him lately are him saying "Mom, take a picture of me doing ____!" We end up with a whole bunch of silly expressions and some interesting body language in the photos.
He spends his life living in some fantasy superhero existence. All roads lead to Spiderman in Keaton's world! He has superhero underwear and fully informs everyone he sees just exactly whom is on his butt that day. Lol. He changes his name every few weeks. Usually he is Peter Parker or, lately, Megatron. Once he changed his name to "Knight." ;o) He also loves Legos, Bionicles, and his Magnadoodle.

He is learning so much in school. His teacher says he is definitely ready for kindergarten but we'll wait until the 2009-2010 school year; no point in making him grow up any faster than he already is!! He can write the whole alphabet and can spell lots of names & objects from memory, knows how to read quite a few words, and can count to one hundred; he can even count by fives & tens! He blows my mind with the big words he throws out now & then. The other day he told me his shadow was "humongous" and, when he had an itchy ear, he thought perhaps there were "chemicals" inside that were causing the itch.
Mostly I just love him for who he is. He's silly & smart & sweet to his baby brother & I'm happy he's all mine! :o)

No comments: