Search The Moore Family

Sunday, July 6, 2008

In twelve hours...

I work just once a week. A twelve hour shift every Sunday. Six days a week I get to stay home with my little ones....and one day a week I leave Daddy in charge while I work.

Tonight I come home to find out that Sullivan (who will be two-years-old next week) now says "No bark!" and "Nigh-nigh, Key" (<-- that one translates to "night-night, Keaton.")

Last night Sully wasn't saying these things. Nope. He waited until the day I'm at work to start saying short sentences.

Last summer I went away for a three-day-weekend, my first ever time away from Keaton or Sully (overnight, that is.) While I was away, Sully started walking. Before I left he was standing around quite a bit, taking a step here and there...but I come home and he's walking-walking.

I'm not sure what all this should tell me. I feel great to be able to stay home most of the time but really treasure that one day each week where I get to hang around grown-ups all day long!! Ahhh...no Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, no Teletubbies, no snot getting smeared all over my shirt (well, to be perfectly honest, that really could happen at work, too! Lol.)

So here I am feeling good about being home for all the "big" things the boys do and then Sully pulls something like this: I go to work and his verbal abilities go through the roof.

Harumph.

I'm thinking this is a lesson, for me, in the whole "letting go" department. You know, the subject that parents are just not ever truly ready to embrace? And I suppose that it is good for Daddy to get to experience "firsts" as well. Mommy shouldn't be a Firsts-Hog, huh?

No comments: