Search The Moore Family

Saturday, February 13, 2010

What's Up With Patti & Mike




The above are images from the 5K we did last month. Vince, Debbie, Ginger, and me. :o)
I am starting a new job this coming week. Wow, huh? Same hospital but I will work two night shifts per week in the Neuro Trauma Care Unit (NTCU). I will keep my position in IMCU as it is now, where I work a few times per month, but will probably have to drop that at some point due to scheduling conflicts. I am not looking forward to working night shift but I am looking forward to working on a more regular basis. This also allows us to send the boys to the new school, which I think will be good for everyone. Night shift pays quite a bit more per hour so that will be nice, too. I really want to try to go to Holland in the fall, before or around my 40th birthday.
I'm also really hitting the fundraising trail for March For Babies. I'm doing really well already and haven't even sold many cards yet. My new goal is $400. We'll see if I can get there by the end of April.
Mike just got a good-sized bonus from work and he is excited about that. I mean really, really excited. ;o) He spent so many years working his ass off for the State without ever having that acknowledged. He is loving the possiblity of bonuses at his current job. We booked a house at the beach for three nights next weekend and he will buy an iPad as soon as they are on the market. I'm a good wife (sucker??) and told him he could do what he wants with the money. Heck, he let us save Moose so I'm willing to let Mike do whatever he wants for at least another month or two. ;o)

That's about it with us. Just trying to find the balance of a happy family....or at least a semi-happy family....or at least a family that has enough positives in it to withstand the negatives. :o)

No comments: