Search The Moore Family

Monday, August 2, 2010

Sully's Fourth Birthday

For the longest time, when I would ask Sullivan what kind of birthday party he wanted, he would only answer "raspberry". I believe he meant the cake. lol. Finally, one day he answered "robots", so Erin and I took off to find robot birthday stuff...but had no luck. Sully is a huge Toy Story fan so we went with this theme; the birthday boy was not disappointed!

I didn't get many pics of the party. Mike took a lot of the photos during present-opening and general party time but the camera was on a weird setting and nothing came out; my neighbor took lots of photos so I'm hoping she will have some good shots to share!

The cake above is my own creation. I think it was supposed to be Buzz & Woody standing on the moon...and the blue and stars of course being outer space. I thought the colors worked with the general colors of Toy Story pretty well so went with this rather than trying to replicate a scene or part of the movie. I do better when I don't have anything to compare my work to! Otherwise, I will never be satisfied that my creation is "perfect".
I made my own fondant for the cake. Much easier than I anticipated!! I made the #4 and Sully's name out of leftover fondant.
Below are the alien cupcakes that Erin and I made for the party. We copied this idea from a website. They turned out so cute!!

Above, Sully stands in front of his birthday spread showing us how "big" he is now. ;o)

He loves his Buzz Lightyear wings! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!!

A very cute close-up of one very dirty and very pleased birthday boy.

No comments: