Search The Moore Family

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Dozen Years

This photo was taken almost exactly 12 years ago. Michelle and Steve were married August 29th, 1998. Their wedding photos were takent he day before the wedding in downtown Salem, on the Willamette University campus. In this photo you can see the state capital building reflected in the doors and windows behind us. That was a neat touch by the photographer!
So, I'm just missing Michelle and came across this pic while searching for photos to place on my blog. Thought I'd dedicate a bit o' the blog to Michelle and to the past in general.
Michelle's family is doing as good as can be expected. Steve misses her, of course, but he is looking really good these days. He stays active and has Jamey enrolled in activities to keep him busy as well. Jamey started going to the same daycare as Keats & Sully back in May. Once or twice a week all three boys get to tear it up for a while. Jamey is a doll baby. Very sweet kid and very typical little boy. I can't wait until our boys are ready for sleepovers and Jamey can come here for the weekend. I would love the opportunity both to help Steve have some free time and also to let my boys play with Michelle's boy...seems like things coming full-circle as well as making me feel a little closer to Michelle.
Also, my boys fight less when Jamey is around! Lol.
We spread Michelle's ashes at Lake Billy Chinook on June 27th, the day before what would have been Michelle's 39th birthday. What a beautiful day! It was good to be with "everybody" and help put Michelle's ashes where she'd want them to be: in the water, specifically her beloved Lake Billy Chinook. Jamey was first to spread the ashes; talk about a lump in the throat! Sheesh. He was very brave. The day ended up being a very positive memory to add to my reflections on Michelle's death.
Anyhoo, I just love this photo and thought I would share. Now, if only I looked half that good today!! I think this will be my new "goal" look...not the girlie hair & make-up but to make myself look like I actually care about my looks! I shall use this as my encouragement!

No comments: