Search The Moore Family

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nothing Much

Not much is happening, or at least it feels that way, so I haven't had much to write. Or, perhaps, too much is happening and I haven't had time to write?

These two pictures of Keats were taken yesterday at my work. I had a unit meeting from noon-2 and took him with me. Afterword, I took him on a mini-tour of the new hospital. The room he is in here is just a regular intermediate care room, but the first room I took him into was a bariatric room....boy did he think that was funny!

My unit (IMCU) has two bariatric rooms; these are rooms able to accommodate patients that weigh 500-1000 pounds. Basically the same as the other rooms but there's an extra mechanical lift on the ceiling, and the bathroom is about three times the size. The bathrooms in the bariatric rooms are actually pretty ingenius: the walls don't go all the way up and the door opens in two parts so you can get a really wide opening; the lift is able to carry someone from their bed to the toilet....once on the toilet the whole room turns into a shower. They just shower right there...may sound crazy if you are of normal weight and don't work in the medical field but, let me tell you, this room will save many injuries of healthcare workers!

Anyhoo, Keats thought the extra-large toilet was hysterical. Of course he did! ;o) He was thrilled to be given a pair of medical gloves (who knew this would be such a treat for him??) and I gave him one of the disposable masks we use when we care for patient's with the swine flu. He didn't like the mask much but wanted to keep it just the same. He ended up wearing it for a good portion of the evening.


Keats just informed me that he thinks that if a baby is in the tummy of a mommy and that mommy, and daddy, speak Spanish, then the baby will, too...but if they speak English, so will the baby. I congratulated him on his logic and then asked if he thought babies could speak any language at all like, for instance, can Baby Alex speak either Spanish or English. He had a look of pure pity for me when he said, "No, Mom, babies can't talk at all but when they DO they will speak the same as their parents." Indeed.
This is a picture of Sully from last week. Or perhaps the week before? It all blends, as you know. He was lining up his cereal, taking great pains to get it juuuuust right, but it wasn't until now, as I am posting this, that I noticed the cereal in the bowl is also lined up. Hmmmm. Either he's a mathematical genius or he simply has too much free time on his hands. ;o)
Sullivan Patrick Moore is pretty much potty trained now!! Yay!! I don't know at which point you call them potty-trained...he goes when you ask him to, he poops on the potty, he asks to go when he needs to, he doesn't wear diapers out of the house, he doesn't need diapers during naps and wakes up dry....but he does wear overnight Pull-Ups. About half the times these are dry in the morning. The first four days were absolutely crazy but he totally has the hang of it now. He even had diarrhea for 24 hours last week and didn't need a diapers. He mostly made it to the potty in time, which is a tremendous feat even for kids much older than Sully!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Yeah to Sullivan on his potty training. Isn't that a nice place to be for everyone in the family.

Stacey said...

I'm laughing at his cereal display. I remember I would mix my icecream to a smooth consistency, flatten it evenly and "cut" it into sections like a pie, eating one section at a time.