Search The Moore Family

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nutrition Project At Preschool

I had to do a teaching project for my advanced nursing class and I chose to teach at Sullivan's preschool. I wanted to do a whole health & safety thing but settled for some fresh & healthy food choices as time (and patience) was limited.

I brought a craft for all the kids where they chose one fruit & one vegetable cut-out to put on their paper "plate" and then let them choose from a bunch of smaller fruits and vegetable stickers. They seemed to have fun with that. I brought different fresh foods and a couple of healthy drinks. Each kid that tried something new-to-them got to choose a puffy sticker. It was a good experience overall and I scored 100% on my paper describing the event, so I was happy




1 comment:

Marilyn said...

The kids look like they were having fun. It was a great way to do your project.